1. Tell Congress 202-224-3121 and the White house (202-456-1111) NO more U.S. aid to Israel. Demand that all US aid to and political support for the Israeli regime be ended until the regime ends all its abuses of Palestinian rights, including: extra judicial killing, arrest and imprisonment with charges or trials; home demolitions; left of land and water including the illegal settlements; apartheid laws; kidnapping of children. www.house.gov; www.senate.gov. Click here for electeds contact information.
2. Don’t buy Israeli products or invest in companies that profit from Israel’s occupation and colonization of Palestine.
3. Talk to people about this issue and spread the word to your friends, colleagues, community members.
4. Be your own billboard: Wear a t-shirt or carry a tote bag that says: “Got Human Rights? Palestinians don’t” and put a “I support a Palestinian Rights” bumper sticker on your call. To order, use this form or contact: email@example.com
5. Learn more: Check out these websites, organizations & books.
6. Sign Petitions for Palestinian Rights
Recent action alerts:
►Tell Senator Kamala Harris to oppose the Israel Anti-boycott Act S 720 (HR 1597) that would criminalize some forms of support for the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) effort directed at entities that profit from Israel’s abuses.
Call 202-224 -3553 or email Harris with a short message: Boycotting is constitutionally protected free speech. Boycotting companies that profit from Israel’s human rights abuses is not anti-Jewish, it is pro-human rights. Oppose the Israel Anti-boycott Act.
►Tell Senator Cory Booker the same thing. Shamefully, Booker used the Pittsburg massacre to justify supporting criminalizing boycotts of human rights-violating Israel. Call 202-224-3224 or email.
►Support free speech in LA: On 11-6-18, the Los Angeles City Council voted to ask UCLA to cancel Students for Justice (SJP) in Palestine event. UCLA first canceled then reinstated the event.
Send a message to the City Council, emails below, and to UCLA Chancellor Gene Block firstname.lastname@example.org demanding that they stand up for free speech instead of attacking it. Tell them that nonviolent advocacy for Palestinian rights is about justice and equality. Falsely accusing SJP and others of being anti-Jewish is nothing but a transparent attempt to silence them. Ask the City Council to rescind its previous anti-free speech request that the SJP conference be cancelled and instead issue a statement that supports our constitutionally protected right of free speech.
City council address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Councilmember.Blumenfield@lacity.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Councilmember.Rodriguez@lacity.org, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org