Sign and forward petitions for Palestine - new petitions are added regularly.
Tell your senators to oppose S.Res 498 that gives U.S. support for Israel’s bombing campaign on Gaza. Remind them that targeting civilians, which is what Israel is doing in its bombing of Gaza, is a WAR CRIME and that US law demands that no military aid be granted to governments that uses its weapons against civilians. Tell Senator Boxer to remove her co-sponsorship and ask Senator Dianne Feinstein to oppose it- 202-224-3121. After 2pm you can call their California offices: Feinstein 415-393-0707; Boxer: 916-448-2787.
Monday, July 21, 2014, 9:15 – 10:30pm, Candlelight Vigil for Palestinians in the Occupied West Bank and Gaza. Central Park 401 C St, Davis. FMI: email@example.com
Thursday, July 24, 2014, 6pm, Palestine Report Back from Tufts Univ. Prof G.A. Thomas, who recently traveled to Palestine as part of a solidarity university contingent. Along with many pictures this talk is a great first-hand report from the Occupied Territories facing more and more repression everyday with the support of what Malcolm X dubbed dollarism. Sol Collective, 2574 21st St. Sacramento sac@ANSWERcoalition.org; 916-572-9680.
Friday, July 25, 4pm, Rally for Al-Quds Day, an internationally observed day of protest intended to bring people together, regardless of their background, to stand up against the injustices being perpetrated all over the world, and specifically in Palestine. 16th & J Sts. Sacramento. FMI: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UPDATED alert: Tell Congress, Pres. Obama & Sec. of State John Kerry to condemn Israel’s current wave of attacks on Palestinians. Tell them you want all U.S. aid to Israel stopped as these latest attacks are a continuation of Israel’s violations of human rights and international law that you do not want supported by our tax dollars. Click for details. ● Contact your CA State Assembly member and tell them you oppose State Senate Concurrent Resolution (SCR) 121, which gives the Legislature’s support for the memorandum of understanding for strategic partnerships for joint innovation, exchanges, and cooperation between California and Israel. Until Israel respects stops violating international law and the human rights of the Palestinian people, California should NOT be partnering with them. This resolution, which has past the State Senate and is now in Assembly Committee is a follow-up to an agreement signed by Gov. Brown in February this year. See below for contact info or click here.
● Boycott SodaStream bannering on Saturdays in June for location email email@example.com!
More Actions you can take:
2. Sign these petitions for Palestine: www.sacbds.org/petitions
3. Don’t buy Israeli products or invest in companies that profit from Israel’s occupation and colonization of Palestine. Check out: 9 Brands you can boycott to hold Israel accountable for its violations of International Law
4. Join Sacramento BDS on Saturdays for boycott SodaStream bannering and Leafleting. Email Sacramentobds@gmail.com for locations.
5. Sign up to receive notices of upcoming events: SacReg4PalestinianRights@gmail.com
6. Spread the word to your friends, colleagues, community members.
7. Be your own billboard: Wear a t-shirt or carry a tote bag that says: “Got Human Rights? Palestinians don’t” and put a “I support a Palestinian Rights” bumper sticker on your call. To order, use this form or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact info: White House: 202-456-1111; http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact
State Department: http://www.state.gov/contact/ Congress: 202-224-3121; www.house.gov; www.senate.gov
Senator Barbara Boxer: Sacramento (916) 448-2787; Wash. D.C. 202-224-3553; https://www.boxer.senate.gov/en/contact/policycomments.cfm
Senator Dianne Feinstein: San Francisco (415) 393-0707 Wash DC (202) 224-3841; https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/e-mail-me
Rep. Doris Matsui Sacramento (916) 498-5600; Wash DC (202) 225-7163 https://matsui.house.gov/email-representative-matsui
Rep. Ami Bera: Rancho Cordova: (916) 635-0505; Wash. DC (202) 225-5716; http://bera.house.gov/contact
Rep. John Garamendi: Davis: 530-753-5301; Wash. DC (202) 225-1880; https://garamendi.house.gov/contact-me
Rep. Tom McClintock: Granite Bay (916) 786-5560; Wash. DC (202) 225-2511; https://mcclintockforms.house.gov/forms/contact-form.shtml
Rep. Jerry McNerney: Stockton (209) 476-8552; Wash. D.C. (202) 225-1947 http://mcnerney.house.gov/contact
California Legislature: To find out your state elected officials: http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov - Assemblymember Roger Dickinson: 916-319-2007; email@example.com - Assemblymember Ken Cooley: (916) 319-2008; firstname.lastname@example.org - Assemblymember Richard Pan: (916) 319-2009; email@example.com - Assemblymember Mariko Yamada: (916) 319-2004; firstname.lastname@example.org